On Monday, June 6, 2016, top chefs from across Toronto came together for a unique fundraising event, A Taste of Home Evening – Recipes My Mother Taught Me, in support of Child Development Institute’s Taste of Home program, an after-school cooking program for children living in shelters.
Thanks to all the amazing sponsors, donors, volunteers and guests who made A Taste of Home Evening a great success, we raised over $50,000 to support Child Development Institute’s Family Violence Services, including the Taste of Home program.
Recipes My Mother Taught Me featured culinary creations inspired by the theme comfort foods, interpreted by top Toronto chefs, including:
- Chefs/Owners Michael Caballo and Tobey Nemeth, Edulis
- Chef Jennifer Dewasha, Café Boulud
- Chef/Owner, Patrick Kriss, Alo
- Chef de Cuisine Paula Navarrete, Momofuku Daishō
- Co-Owner & Executive Chef Doug Penfold, CAVA
- Executive Chef Albert Ponzo, Le Select Bistro
- Chef/Owner Anthony Rose, Rose and Sons, Fat Pasha and many other notable restaurants
- Chef Tyler Shedden, Director of Culinary Operations, Chase Hospitality Group
- Scott Vivian, Chef/Owner, Beast Restaurant
- Joanne Yolles, Pastry Chef and Instructor at George Brown College
Bonnie Stern returned as host
KPMG, Bay Adelaide Centre, 46th floor, 333 Bay Street, Toronto, ON, Canada